Re: [linux-lvm] Actual status of LVM in stock kernel

At 05:14 AM 11/15/99 , you wrote:
Maybe somebody out there has a good idea.

I don't know about *good*, but perhaps bringing it up in the kernel mailing lists might spurn some interest. I know that Linus & Alan both frequent it, as well as other major players. We may be able to light a spark into someone Linus talks with daily.

BTW: LVM will be in SuSE 6.3 and that will hopefully help us a lot!
     (THX to Volker Wiegand, Dirk Hohndel and others at SuSE)

Heinz, have you heard from anyone at RedHat? With their recent push towards servers as well as their deal with Oracle, LVM seems like it would be a perfect fit, especially if you're looking at breaking into Data Centers.

-Daniel ------------------------------------------ Daniel Whicker (heimdall mail org)