Re: [linux-lvm] Actual status of LVM in stock kernel

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 09:59:12PM +0100, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> > On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 09:39:59AM -0600, Daniel Whicker wrote:
> > > Heinz, have you heard from anyone at RedHat?  With their recent push
> > > towards servers as well as their deal with Oracle, LVM seems like it would
> > > be a perfect fit, especially if you're looking at breaking into Data Centers.
> > IFAIRC sct redhat com signed the (in)famous LVM petition
> >

> YEP.

I would suggest posting the patch to linux-kernel, cc: it to linus, and
ask whether it is too late for 2.4, or if there is something else that
needs to be addressed before it is ready.  I haven't seen it discussed
on lkml, which may well be why linus isn't replying.

--
Ryan Murray (rmurray cyberhqz com, rmurray glenayre com)
Software Designer, Glenayre Technologies Inc.