AW: [linux-lvm] GUI-Frontend (Gnome) availiable/planed?

M.Ritzert at CENIT.DE M.Ritzert at CENIT.DE
Mon Sep 6 15:16:04 UTC 1999

Good idea, but please keep it as GUI-Framework independent as possible ----
some LVM users might prefer KDE or WindowMaker/GNUStep or "conventional"
X11. And bet, they probably won't like to install all the additional core
utilities of a
large GUI framework they won't use just in order to run such a small
utility.

So, a mere GTK, (as You said GNOME), qt, WINGS or Athena app without tight
integration in overlying GUI frameworks like GNOME, KDE, GNUStep would
increase
the usability of this kind of app (IMHO).

> I have some ideas how such a tool could look like.

Why not a web based tool in analogy to swat? If done right, this could be
used
even on the system console (under lynx).

cheers

Michael