[linux-lvm] Tools - Compile Problem

stk at rmi.de stk at rmi.de
Wed Apr 26 09:37:52 UTC 2000

Hello Luca,

thanks for your thoughts.
Meanwhile i have got the user tools to compile.

I added your #ifdef statement in /usr/include/devfs_kernel.h ,
and additionnally  i needed to add the following :

in /usr/include/linux/genhd.h

 #ifdef __KERNEL__
 #include <linux/devfs_kernel.h>
 #endif /* __KERNEL__ */

and in 0.8final/tools/lib/liblvm.h

 typedef struct devfs_entry * devfs_handle_t;

with this changes the user tools compiled cleanly,
but I still need to check the functionality - which
will happen early next week, when i return from a short
trip.

thanx and
best regards

Stefan

 Stefan K                                       email:     stk at rmi.de
 Aix-la-Chapelle                                fax/data: +49-241-533353