[linux-lvm] I want some documentations.

Hi, all.

I am a student, and very interested in this LVM project.
So, I installed kernel 2.3.49 and lvm-0.8final. And then
I did several admin jobs such as creating VG, LV, etc.
(I used 4 scsi-disks)

It worked so well. I have made ext2 file system on it, and
did many many many jobs such as just copying linux source tree,
, moving, compressing, untarring big directories, etc. But it
still worked well. (But When I benchmarked with benchmarking
program "bonnie", my system died frequently. Do you know why?)

And, Now I just want to investigate how the LVM source is made.
But, I cannot find any implementation documents, or something like
that.

I want to know about user-level admin tools in addition to
the lvm support of kernel.

Is there any good start point or document (not just HOWTO) to
recommend?