Re: [linux-lvm] How do you mount a snapshot?

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 03:05:08PM -0500, Chris Mason wrote:
> > Unless they have changed it (possible), reiserfs does not support ro
> > hardware for mounting unless the filesystem was unmounted cleanly. The
> > reason is that to make the FS consistant the journal has to be replayed
> > which necessarily _writes_ to the device. This cannot work on an ro
> > device.

> We didn't change that ;-)  But, the message would look different.  In this
> case, it did not find a reiserfs filesystem at all, or perhaps the reiserfs
> module wasn't loaded...

So...can I or can I not use snapshots with reiserfs? The snapshot was
taken of a currently mounted and functioning (reiserfs module
loaded...compiled into the kernel, actually) so if I did the snapshot
correctly there should be a filesystem there. I'm going to wipe it out
(nothing on it but some test files) and try again with ext2 and see what

This should work, shouldn't it?

Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org