[linux-lvm] Debian packaging

Claudio Matsuoka claudio at helllabs.org
Wed Dec 20 15:04:20 UTC 2000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> No, because you can have multiple kernels installed, and the LVM IOP may
> change depending on the LVM version, even within a single kernel release
> (i.e. 2.2 or 2.4).  It would be nice (but more complex) if the LVM user
> tools could handle multiple IOP versions, but they don't.  Also, the
> update-alternatives functionality is only available on Debian, so we
> would still need another mechanism on RPM-based systems, and it may
> as well be uniform across all systems.

Ok, experimental lvm-base, lvm-iop6 and lvm-iop10 RPM packages available
at http://distro.conectiva.com.br/experimental/lvm. They certainly need
improvements, but I'm able to transparently switch back and forth between
IOP 6 and IOP 10.

To get the packages using APT, add the following lines to sources.list:

rpm http://distro.conectiva.com.br/experimental lvm/conectiva main
rpm-src http://distro.conectiva.com.br/experimental lvm/conectiva main

claudio