[linux-lvm] Can I use LVM with ReiserFS?

Terje Eggestad terje.eggestad at scali.no
Thu Dec 21 09:15:40 UTC 2000

The correct procedure to do this is NOT to create a new fs on the second
RAID volume. What you do is this:
(NB: I've only done this on HP-UX before, and even if linux lvm is modelled
after  HP's I do not know if there are any error here, but I REALLY doubt
it ).

* add the RAID device to the volume group the first RAID device belong to
using vgextend.
* increase the logical volume you have your reiserfs on using lvextend
* resize the reiser fs using procedure in http://www.namesys.com/rsz.html

And it seems it can all be done online!

TJ

Terje Eggestad                  terje.eggestad at scali.no
Scali Scalable Linux Systems    http://www.scali.com

Olaf Helsets Vei 6              tel:    +47 22 62 89 61 (OFFICE)
P.O.Box 70 Bogerud                      +47 975 31 574  (MOBILE)
N-0621 Oslo                     fax:    +47 22 62 89 51
NORWAY