[linux-lvm] Problems with 0.8pre tools (fwd)

Forwarded message ...

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:39:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Jim Cain <me jimcain net>
Subject: Problems with 0.8pre tools

All,

I had some problems getting the tools to build. First, in
tools/lib/liblvm.h, the included file <linux/lvm.h> did not compile
because the reference to spinlock_t on line 573 was unknown. I added
an
#include <linux/spinlock.h> to liblvm.h, and everything in the lib
directory built fine.

Next, in tools/lvmchange.c on line 160, the identifier LVM_RESET was
unknown. This is defined in <linux/lvm.h>, but only if LVM_TOTAL_RESET
is
defined. I removed the #ifdef around it so that LVM_RESET is always
defined. After that change, the tools built okay.

Well, not completely okay. Because when I do the following:

pvcreate /dev/hd[bc]1
vgcreate vg01 /dev/hd[bc]1

the vgcreate command dumps core on a segmentation fault. I'm wondering
if
any of the fixes I made were incomplete or the wrong way to fix it.

This is being built on kernel 2.3.40 with the 0.8i patch.

Thanks for the help,
Jim