[linux-lvm] minor vgscan oops (fwd)

Michael Marxmeier mike at msede.com
Sun Feb 6 19:18:45 UTC 2000

Forwarded message ...

-------- Original Message --------
From: "DanielC" <dccotey at dragon.elfwerks.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 18:05:39 -0700 (MST)
Subject: minor vgscan oops

Greetings,
  I was playing around with a brand new RedHat 6.1 box with a 2.2.14
kernel patched with the unified IDE and lvm patches and found a couple
of
problems.

1. Its been mentioned before that RH ships with more md devices than a
stock kernel can handle, and when vgscan touches them the box locks
solid.
Might I suggest that tidbit be added to either the BUGS or INSTALL
file?

2. When network block support is compiled into a kernel vgscan will
produce 5+ pages of errors when scanning them, is there a way to tell
vgscan to skip a set of devices?

--
DanielC