[linux-lvm] Can we make char files not blocked for the volumes

Can lvm create char devices not blocked for the volumes?

Did a listing in the volume group dir.  Note the char device file
(group).  How can we make the other files / volumes the same.  Informix
wants char devices not blocked.  I seem to note that linux does not
really treat them different but...

$ ls -l

crw-r-----   1 root     root     109,   0 Jan 29 18:46 group
brw-rw----   1 informix informix  58,   1 Jan 29 19:10 infx_data1