[linux-lvm] LVM case studies?

Paul Jakma paulj at itg.ie
Thu Jul 6 15:45:53 UTC 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to convince my boss that LVM is solid/reliable and ready for
production use. I've been using it myself on my home fileserver, and at
work on my laptop, and have not had any problems with the kernel side of
LVM, and only 2 problems with the tools side of things (quickly resolved).

What I would like is to hear about existing production usage of LVM, and
how well it has worked. Eg, why LVM? What type of system/usage? Problems
experienced? Opinion? etc...

If you run LVM on a business-critical machine i would love to hear your
comments!

regards,

Paul Jakma.
ITG Group Card Services Sys Admin.