[linux-lvm] ERROR: 0.8final/tools/lib/liblvm.h:50: gnu/types.h: No such file or directory

Jamie Krasnoo webmaster at planetphat.com
Sun Jul 30 09:22:58 UTC 2000

No but it should be. Thanks to Sys Admin Magazine's writer Rafeeq Ur Rehman
who wrote an article on LVM in the August issue, how to install it and
configure it. I was able to solve the problem.

-- from the article . page 20 - Compiling LVM Utilities --

You must make another change in tools/lib/liblvm.h file at line 50 for this
version of LVM. Change gnu/types.h to sys/types.h
at line 50 for a smooth compilation.

-- end cut --

Not exactly a smooth compilation (lots of warnings) and thats not the exact
snippet either. I corrected a few minor things but this should get you
throug to the next step.

Good luck,

Jamie