[linux-lvm] RAID performance help

I had mentioned to the list before about my
performance problems.  We are not using write-back
caching.  I will enable that after we get our
automatic [power fail] shutdown scripts going again.
Could someone recommend some parameters for PEs on LVM
combined with block size on the LVM?  I believe we
have options for 2K to 256K on our RAID controller.  I
am looking at going with RAID 1+0 or maybe just doing
striping on the thing.  Our current setup yields
horrid write performance.

Thanks,

Chris