[linux-lvm] LVM 0.8 and reiser filesystem

holger_zecha at hp.com holger_zecha at hp.com
Tue Jun 6 15:44:21 UTC 2000

Hello,

unfortunately, LVM 0.8final (in the following only called LVM) is not
usable in production environments.
We're thinking about using Linux in SAP mixed environments. Now we use
NT as plattform for applikationservers and HP-UX as database server. We
are doing some tests with Linux as Applikation Server in the near
future.
Are you going to implement mirroring in Linux LVM ? Why is it such a big
problem to have the root filesystem on a LVM volume ?
There is no easy way to get mirrored disks with LVM, only without LVM,
but there it's not possible to resize partitions.
So we see these two points as big disadvantages:
a) root Filesystem not on LVM
b) no mirroring.

Are there any solutions in the near future ?

Best regards

Holger Zecha