[linux-lvm] Reliability

What happens when one of several drives in a vg fails? Is the whole vg
lost or only lv's that are on that pv? In the latter case, what about
lv's that are only partly located on that pv?

I once observed that with a corrupted partition table, causing one pv
to be lost, the whole vg didn't get detected. As I was able to reconstruct
the partition table, I didn't try very hard to get the vg running
without that drive.

Jan