Re: [linux-lvm] IBM to release LVM Technology to the Linux Community

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 05:18:26PM -0400, benr us ibm com wrote:
> The first of several white papers describing the LVMS architecture can be
> found at the IBM Linux Technology Center website:
>
> http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/
>
> Since we would like to have an honest, open discussion about this, I would
> suggest that all interested parties post their comments to the LVM mailing
> list (unless someone has a better suggestion!).  All comments are welcome!

The stacking of multiple block translation modules seems to be already
implemented in 2.4-latest, although it is a bit of a hack and SMP
unfriendly.

The white paper talks about software RAID. Do you plan to release an
own software RAID implementation or just a port of the existing MD  ?

-Andi