Re: [linux-lvm] LVM for Redhat 6.1 (2.2.12 kernel)

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 10:37:05AM +0200, Sergey Vichik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	I want to install LVM on  Redhat 6.1 (2.2.12-20 kernel), without
> replacing the kernel to another version.
> All LVM patches fails to do it because of RAID additions in ll_rw_blk.c .
>
> 	Is there some other patch that works for this kernel version ?
> Or if isn't, a patch to upgrade to another version, where LVM patches will
> work ?

	In order for me to make this work, I backed out the RAID changes
in ll_rw_blk.c.  There should be a message in the archives where I
detail exactly which patches I had to back out to make things work.

	Looking back on it, I wish that I had been able to leave the
RAID changes in, because I think I would rather have the RAID code
handle RAID0 striping instead of LVM.  Seems cleaner somehow.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet