[linux-lvm] Re: IBM to release LVM Technology to the Linux

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Fri Jun 23 23:49:54 UTC 2000

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 benr at us.ibm.com wrote:

> Christopher,
>
> Welcome to the discussion!  To answer your question, if the Linux
> Community is interested in the LVMS outlined in the white paper,
> then IBM will release code (under the GPL!) to begin moving this
> technology to Linux.  I suspect that IBM will also dedicate some
> resources to assist in moving this technology to Linux as that
> will expedite the process.

would it not perhaps be more efficient and more purposeful if rather
than releasing IBM specific code which will not 'drop-in' to linux,
IBM were instead to use their knowledge gained from IBM LVM to assist
with improving the current Linux LVM?

regards,
Paul Jakma	paul at clubi.ie
PGP5 key: http://www.clubi.ie/jakma/publickey.txt
Fortune:
I don't mind what Congress does, as long as they don't do it in the
streets and frighten the horses.
		-- Victor Hugo