[linux-lvm] What IOP version for 0.8final?

I was looking in linux-2.4.0-test1 and I see that the IOP version is 6
(and no changes in test2 AFAICS).  However, in 0.8final/tools/lib/lvm.h
the IOP version is 7 and the lvm.h is slightly different there than with
the kernel (e.g. the lv_block_exception version is different).

Which one is correct?  Is one of these two lvm.h files ignored (likely
tools/lib/lvm.h)?

Cheers, Andreas