[linux-lvm] building the binary utilities

I got a patched kernel to compile ok, but now I have
problems building the binary lvm utilities.  There are
errors about not being about to find lvm.h and
liblvm.h.  I copied them to /usr/include, and then it
got farther but complained about gnu/types.h.  After
symlinking that, I got an error about lots of
redeclarations.  What's going on?  Thanks.

Chris