[linux-lvm] vgcreate seg faults

Goni Sarakinov gsarak at sarakinovconsulting.com
Mon Mar 13 14:50:34 UTC 2000

Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> > I am trying to do a vgcreate, but I keep on getting a segmentation
> > fault.
> >
> > Doing a vgcreate -v shows that after vgcreate does:
> >
> > vgcreate -- counting all existing volume groups
> > Segmentation fault
>
> Could you please send a "vgcreate -d" output of your attempt?
>
> Thanks,
> Heinz

Here is the output of "vgcreate -vd"

vgcreate -- checking volume group name
vg_check_name -- CALLED
vg_check_name -- vg_name: "test_vg"
lvm_check_chars -- CALLED
lvm_check_chars -- LEAVING
vg_check_name -- LEAVING with ret: 0
vgcreate -- locking logical volume manager
lvm_get_iop_version -- CALLED
lvm_get_iop_version -- AFTER ioctl ret: 0
lvm_get_iop_version -- LEAVING with ret: 0
vgcreate -- checking volume group "test_vg" existence
lvm_tab_vg_check_exist -- CALLED with vg_name: "test_vg"
vg_check_name -- CALLED
vg_check_name -- vg_name: "test_vg"
lvm_check_chars -- CALLED
lvm_check_chars -- LEAVING
vg_check_name -- LEAVING with ret: 0
lvm_tab_read -- CALLED
lvm_tab_read -- LEAVING with ret: 0  data: 804CC08  size: 1
lvm_tab_vg_check_exist -- LEAVING with ret: 0
vgcreate -- counting all existing volume groups
lvm_tab_vg_check_exist_all_vg -- CALLED
Segmentation fault

Any ideas where the problem may be?

Goni Sarakinov