[linux-lvm] snapshots not stable with 2.3.99pre2

Jan Niehusmann list039 at gondor.com
Wed Mar 22 13:51:24 UTC 2000

While testing lvm with linux 2.3.99pre2 I had 2 crashes while trying out snapshots.
Without snapshots lvm seems to be stable.

Another problem is (probably) a missing check in lvextend: I tried to extend a
striped lv, and while I had enough space available, nearly all this space was on
one pv, so it was not possible to create a correctly striped volume with the
extended size. But I didn't get the error message I expected: lvextend told me
everything is ok, but when I tried to ext2resize the filesystem, I got a
segmentation fault.