Re: [linux-lvm] RH 6.2 kernel problem with 0.8i

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 03:03:08AM +0200, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:
> "Eric M. Hopper" wrote:
>>         I figured out my problem.  It's the RAID patches that RH adds.
>>         RH adds a LOT of patches to the stock kernel.  Someone suggested
>> grabbing a stock kernel and using that, but a lot of the RH patches are
>> ones I really want, and I don't want to sift through them carefully
>> figuring out which ones.
>>         So, I grabbed the kernel source RPM, used rpm2cpio on it,
>> unpacked the cpio, and then used patch -R (what a wonderful tool) to
>> reverse the patches I didn't want out of the kernel source tree RH
>> ships.
>>         After that, the LVM patches applied just fine.  I only wanted
>> RAID0 anyway, and LVM does that just fine by itself.  :-)

	BTW, I should've mentioned the patches I had to back out.  These
are what they were named in the kernel SRPM.

	I believe the patches have to be reverse applied in the given

Have fun (if at all possible),
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet
broke a chain or freed a human soul.     ---Mark Twain
-- Eric Hopper (hopper omnifarious mn org  http://omnifarious.mn.org/~hopper) --