Re: [linux-lvm] scsi/fc multipath failover patch

Joe Visser writes:
> Does anyone know whether md, lvm and likeminded drivers are resistant
> against this alternate pathing solution? I mean, when you connect a SCSI
> (or FC disk for that matter) through two controllers, any application or
> driver that does scanning of the attached disks and partitions will
> encounter the same disk/partitions twice.

Heinz has said that in the upcoming 0.9 release of LVM, there will be
PVIDs (actually DCE UUIDs) so LVM will remove duplicate PVs from its
lists.  This can happen for reasons other than multipath, such as
/dev/md and /dev/{hd,sd} access to the same PV.

Cheers, Andreas