[linux-lvm] Thanks! and Swap on LVM?

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 04:29:05PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> Try the updated lvm tools (SRPM) at:
>
> ftp://ftp.stelias.com/pub/adilger/

Thank you!!!  I usually stay away from SRPM's, but now that I've got
alien, it's not so bad.  'alien --to-tgz' is a dream.  A plus side to
all of this, my pvscan no longer segfaults! ;-)  Neither does my
vgscan! ;-)  I was actually going to sit down with gdb tonight and do
some backtracing when I saw your update.  Very nice to have a 1:00 in
the morning. ;-)  Again, thanks!

OH.  I've noticed a problem as of late.  While trying lvm on both the
2.4.0-test9 and 2.2.17, I have not been able to use an lv device as a
swap device.  The computer starts acting like it's got bad memory and
segfaults during compile time, most notably during kernel compiles.

Has anyone successfully used a lv parition as a swap device???

{good thing I had an extra HD}

--
  Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie wookimus net>
              http://wookimus.net/chewie