[linux-lvm] using previously created lvm

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Mon Oct 23 18:03:40 UTC 2000

Martin Petersen writes:
> Actually, I implemented HFS support in Linux ufs when we started the
> PA-RISC port.  It's been included in the 2.[34] kernels for quite a
> while now...

With the discussion (at the Linux Storage Workshop in Miami) about making
the on-disk parsing code modular, it would not be too hard to add an
HP/UX module to the LVM, if the on-disk format was known.  However, I
don't think we will be at that stage for many months yet, even if we
could get the HP/UX LVM specs.

Cheers, Andreas