[linux-lvm] Size limits and kernel versions

Eric M. Hopper hopper at omnifarious.mn.org
Sun Oct 29 12:06:39 UTC 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 09:13:16PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:

>> If so, what kernel patch do I use for RedHat 7.0?
>
> You can probably use my 2.2 patch at
> ftp://ftp.stelias.com/pub/adilger/ but I haven't tried it on Red Hat.
> I have heard some strange things about RH 7.0 headers and such, so it
> may take a bit of work.  It may even be that RH 7.0 has LVM in it
> already, I don't know.

	The main problem I'd had with RedHat kernels lately has been
that their MD (kernel RAID) modifications don't work well with LVM.  I
just disable MD and it works fine.

	This is with the stock 0.8i kernel patch.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton