[linux-lvm] Baffled by errors

Here are a few questions from a linux newbie, I hope this is the right forum to
raise them, forgive me if it ain't.

I'm trying [without success] to build lvm (0.8-pre02.10.1999) on my Sparc 10
(RH6.2, kernel 2.2.14-5). Linux itself is running without problems.

I get lots of parse errors during compile that I don't understand:
    /usr/include/XXX/XXX.h parse error before XXX

Is my compiler screwed? Have I missed something blindingly obvious? Should this
code work on Sparc? Is this version of lvm the right one for my kernel?

Is anyone able to offer advice on these problems. Will summarise.

TIA

Merv Thomas.
- - -
This email is for the intended addressee only. If you have received it in error, you must not use, copy, retain, disseminate or otherwise deal with it. Please notify the sender by return email.

The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium Limited.

Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.

Astrium Limited, Registered in London No. 2449259
Registered Office: The Grove, Warren Lane, Stanmore, Middlesex, HA7 4LY