Re: [linux-lvm] what lvm shoudl I be using for 2.2.x?

Jeremy writes:
> I'm actually using some of H.J. Lu's kernel builds which include all these
> patches, so hopefully it will work well.
>
> I plan on experimenting with ext3 and lvm.  Any experience with this?

I just moved 8GB of MP3s onto my new "jukebox", which is running ext3 and
LVM, so that I can grow the filesystem easily (I'm getting my ext3-online
resize into shape), and also turn it off when I want without doing a
proper shutdown (no monitor/kbd).

All files checksummed OK, but then again I haven't really done much hard
testing on the system yet.  I'm running multiple parallel write streams
over NFS to the box, so this should be at least some testing...  I also
previously did a lot of testing with multiple bonnie++ streams writing
to an LVM/ext3 fs when I was developing the ext3 orphan fixes for 0.0.2f.

Cheers, Andreas