Re: [linux-lvm] LVM + online resizing e2fs patches

Erik writes:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 02:39:46PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> > The ext2online patch was written originally on 2.0, and it has moved
> > relatively unscathed through 2.3.99.  However, recent changes in the
> > VFS and ext2 code have likely broken the patch (I'm currently developing
> > on 2.2, and haven't had a chance/filesystem-I-want-to-destroy for testing
> > on 2.4.0-current).  So, yes ext2online will work with 2.2.13.
>
> Any idea when you will try 2.4.x?
> My dream is really a Journaling filesystem with online resize for 2.4.x.

It shouldn't be too hard to get ext2 online resizing for 2.4, but I can't
do ext3 resizing until ext3 is available for 2.4...  I will probably start
working with Stephen to move to 2.4 in the next month or two, because he
is nearly done metadata-only journalling...

Cheers, Andreas