Re: [linux-lvm] e2fsadm and fstab

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 08:31:20AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> It doesn't really support multiple filesystems on one mountpoint. Yes,
> you can mount something multoiple times on the same point, but you will
> only be able to use the last mounted one. Al Viro is still working on
> union mounts.

Yes I know.
	mount /dev/a /mnt/
	mount /dev/b /mnt/

now ls /mnt/ shows the contents of device b.

/proc/mounts shows both mounts. If I use e2fsadm on /mnt/, which one
of the filesystems should be resized?

Probably it should say someting like '/mnt/ is ambiguous' and do
nothing. Currently, it picks the first one, which is actually invisible
in the filesystem. This is not the expected behaviour, I think.

Jan