Re: [linux-lvm] LVM on 2.2.17 (again)

John DeFranco writes:
> I've checked the LVM email archives so I know there has
> been lots of discussions on how to get LVM to work on
> 2.2.17, but unfortunately I'm having problems just
> building the kernel. I started with Turbolinux Server
> 6.0.2 (which is 2.2.14) and then added the 2.2.15-2.2.17
> patches. When I build I get:
>
> lvm-snap.c:28: linux/iobuf.h: No such file or directory
> lvm-snap.c: In function `lvm_snapshot_COW':
> lvm-snap.c:253: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> lvm-snap.c:257: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `brw_kiovec'
> lvm-snap.c: In function `lvm_snapshot_alloc_iobuf_pages':
> lvm-snap.c:308: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `expand_kiobuf'

Are you using my 2.2 patches (which is a backport of 0.8final from 2.4)?
In this case you need to also apply the RAWIO patches available at
Stephen Tweedie's site  ftp://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/sct/
Alternately, if you don't need/want LVM snapshots, you can delete lvm-snap.c,
and delete the references in lvm.c to any "snap" functions, etc.  There
are about half a dozen places where this happens.  If I get around to
it, I will update my patch to simplify turning off lvm snapshots...

Cheers, Andreas