Re: [linux-lvm] e2fsadm and fstab

Jan,
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 05:51:37PM -0600, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> > This sounds like a bug I added then fixed in my local version of e2fsadm.
> > It is not in the original e2fsadm.  I will post a patch and upload a new
> > SRPM.

I had a look at this, and the correct fix is rather easy.  Where we are
checking all of the mount files, you need to move

          if (strcmp(*mntfile, MNTTAB)) {

up abount 12 lines, so that it looks like this:

          if (strcmp(*mntfile, MNTTAB)) {
	     if ( lvm_find_command (cmd_online) == NULL) {
	        lvm_path_error ( cmd_online, "online resize");

This way, it will not assume a filesystem is mounted, if it is only
found in MNTTAB (/etc/fstab), but we can still do mountpoint -> device
mapping.  As you pointed out, it is possible with 2.4 to have multiple
device -> mountpoint mappings, but I can't see any sane reason to do
so yet, so it won't be fixed until we know how they will be used.

Cheers, Andreas