[linux-lvm] LVM High Availability

From: Mats Wichmann <mats laplaza org>

> Does anybody have any experience to contribute about what other
> LVM systems do in these situations?  They don't have the dynamic
> scan/assignment stuff in Solaris or AIX, right?  (Showing my
> ignorance here).

The logical volume manager in Tru64 (aka Digital Unix, aka OSF/1)
from the Q (compaQ) handles high availability by packaging the
volumes in disk groups.  A given disk group may only be imported
into one of the machines on the shared bus.  Since this is basically
a relicensed Veritas (I think), I expect similar strategies in other
environments.

Michael Kellen