Re: [linux-lvm] lv not persistent across reboot?

Hi,

HPUX LVM will show both devices in the volume group.
One device will be the "Primary link" and the other the "Alternate link"
The lvm commands label the primary and alternate link so you know which
is which.  There are also option to allow you to switch them around.
The primary is the first device added to the volume group.

All I/O is done to the primary link.  If however the I/O fails on the
Primary link LVM will switch to the Alternate link and use that.
So if controler "A" goes bad you can still use the VG via Controller B.
Of course if the disk goes bad your dead in the water.

If you have two disks visible on the same two controllers then you
can set one primary on controller A and the other primary on controller
B then if either controller fails you just loose bandwidth but you don't
stop.

If fact when the Primary goes bad it switches and becomes the
Alternate link and the Alternate becomes the new Primary link.

If you want more detail just let me know.

Tom.

--
char  *r,*e,*w="%.9s%.7s%.7s\n";extern int printf(const char*,...);int main(){
int l=*w,a,b,th=*(w-~(l/=l))-*(w+l);b=*w+~th--;a=b-th;//Aviation Briefing Ltd.