[linux-lvm] Re: [repost] Announce: Linux-OpenLVM mailing list

Rik van Riel riel at conectiva.com.br
Thu Apr 19 18:35:43 UTC 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, AJ Lewis wrote:

> It is unfortunate that this could not have been resolved in a more mature
> manner.  Saying "I don't like the way somebody is doing something.  I won't
> bother to talk to them about it, I'll just flame them and try to undermine
> their work." is not acceptable.  It would have been nice if you'd actually
> tried to work this out instead of handling it this way.

We tried, but the last time we had something to say about your
code the message wasn't allowed on your list.

Now that the code is in the kernel, we are of the opinion that
it is no longer acceptable to censor messages when they are too
critical about the LVM source code. This beast is in the kernel,
now we'd better be allowed to talk about the source code and
maintain the thing.

regards,

Rik
--