[linux-lvm] Re: [repost] Announce: Linux-OpenLVM mailing list

AJ Lewis wrote:

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 08:02:50PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

Well their approach to patches that fix bugs is to reject emails. They've done
that to stuff I've reported any many others. So there is a problem. And its
kind of hard to discuss a problem when you are being moderated out of existance.

Hmm...i guess there is a communication issue here. It sounds like the
message that our ML server was sending was misleading. We were not
rejecting mail because of content. The ML server was rejecting it because
the address was not subscribed. Our idea was that we don't want spam. If it's completely unmoderated, then we will get a *lot* of spam.

Gosh, this seems like a bit of a red herring, IMHO.  Do you think the
LKML gets a "lot" of spam?  Or, how about the linux-usb-devel or
linux-hotplug-devel lists?  None of these lists are moderated and the
occasional spam gets sent to them, but I haven't noticed there being
enough spam to hinder the usefulness of these lists.

Miles