Re: [linux-lvm] Does LVM support alternate links?

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 07:00:10PM +0200, Jens Bruckmann wrote:
> Hallo everybody,
>
> I would like to know if the LVM supports alternate-links to the same
> physical device over two fiber-channel links, so if one link fails, LVM
> automatically uses the second link as it does under its "original" HP-UX.

LVM not, the MD-Layer does if you patch it.  Such a patch has been in
development by and been finished by ca 70% when I notices that Ingo Molnar,
the maintainer of the MD-Layer had already written such a patch which
RedHat hides in it's kernel RPM.  Download their kernel SRPM and look for
two of the thousands of patches that contain 'multipath' in their name.

	Christoph