[linux-lvm] What have snapshots got to do with LVM ?

Just a random Sunday morning thought:

Why don't we split snapshots off into their own driver so we can
snapshot any block device, putting the COW tables on any other block
device ?

We would need to add a per device hook like 'make_request' to the kernel
(rather than per driver).

I think it would simplify both LVM and the snapshot code (which at the
moment knows too much about physical extents etc.).

- Joe