[linux-lvm] Kernel 2.2.19, RawIO, LVM, RAID -- who has it running?

Joe Thornber thornber at btconnect.com
Sun Apr 22 20:22:48 UTC 2001

Goetz,

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 08:55:47PM +0200, Goetz Bock wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 22 '01 at 20:22, Stephan Austermuehle wrote:
> > anybody out there who has a running kernel 2.2.19 with Raw-IO patch,
> no, but a patched onw
> > LVM, and RAID patch 2.2.19-A1? Applying all these patches seems to be
> > inpossible.
> This actualle workes out of the box (see Patches/README). Get the latest
> tar ball from sistina.com, untar it, get the raw-io patch from the
> patches dir and apply it to a clean 2.2.19 kernel. then change the
> fragments file (see the readme for the location) and do a
> "make; cd Patches ; make" to get the patch for your kernel.
> apply the raid patch, and than the LVM patch.

I'm glad to see you've got this working.  Could I ask you to give the
list a bit more information on your set up please ?  As far as I know
you're the only person who is using this.  Which raid modes are you using ?
How heavily are you loading the system ?

The changes I made to the md code were pretty trivial (but untested),
so if it's working at all it should be robust.

- Joe