Re: [linux-lvm] What have snapshots got to do with LVM ?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 03:27:48PM +0000, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:
> You said it already above: the general concept still needs to deal with chunks
> which could eventually map to LVM PEs in case we run LV snapshots carying
> metadata (COW table sections) and data.
> The abstraction therefore will be one in notion basically
> (chunk rather than PE).

I'm certain this is the way to go for 1.2, having thought about it for
a day.  Snapshot's would still be part of the LVM suit, but just
implemented in a seperate driver.

The only problem is the per device hook.  Has anyone else implemented
something similar ? or shall I just have a bash and upset the gurus.

- Joe Thornber