Re: [linux-lvm] LVM version of 2.4.2 kernel?

SGI has beta6 in their linux-2.4-xfs-beta release. You only need the
LVM beta6 command set.   It is based on linux-2.4.2 and works out of the
box just add the LVM beat6 commands.   You don't have to use their
xfs file if you don't want.

I think this will be the best place to get a linux 2.4 kernel with fairly current LVM
for a while.

Bill Jones

At 07:34 PM 4/23/01 -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Joe Thornber wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:13:32PM +0200, David Vidal Rodriguez wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I want to know what version of LVM (beta_x etc.) is included within
> > Kernel 2.4.2 and if I can use the fresh compiled beta7 tools with it.
>
> Beta2 is in the 2.4.2 kernel.  You are advised to upgrade both the
> kernel and the userland tools to beta7.

Ummm ?

Weren't you people saying that the Linus tree would be the
main LVM repository from now on?

Would it be possible to get at least the important bugfixes
merged in Linus' kernel ?

thanks,

Rik
--