[linux-lvm] K=2.4.3 - LVM0.9.1.B7 compiling problem.

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Wed Apr 25 15:55:38 UTC 2001

Patrick writes:
> I get similar warnings with gcc 3.0 from CVS. The indicated line has
> changed but the actual error is the same I think:
>
> lvm_config.c:113:7: warning: pasting ""error: "" and ""error in config file: not in section at line %d"" does not give a valid preprocessing token
> lvm_config.c:117:7: warning: pasting ""error: "" and ""couldn't put %s:%s = %s into config"" does not give a valid preprocessing token
> lvm_config.c:162:9: warning: pasting ""warning: "" and ""unknown variable %s:%s in config file"" does not give a valid preprocessing token
> lvm_config.c:172:5: warning: pasting ""warning: "" and ""more than one value for %s:%s, using most recent"" does not give a valid preprocessing token
> lvm_config.c:186:5: warning: pasting ""warning: "" and ""more than one value for %s:%s, using most recent"" does not give a valid preprocessing token
> lvm_config.c:342:3: warning: pasting ""warning: "" and ""'%s' not a recognised boolean value, assuming false"" does not give a valid preprocessing token

I seem to recall reading that there was some bogus issue about GCC 3.0 not
allowing concatenated strings.  This definitely looks like that problem.
Try editing the relevant lines in lvm_config.c to have a single long string
value, and see if that fixes the problem.  That would be a real PITA.

Cheers, Andreas