Re: [linux-lvm] lowest spec LVM run on ?

On Sunday, 29 April 2001, at 18:47:48 +0100,
Kirth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I'm just wondering whats the lowest spec machine that anyone has an LVM
> running (stable) on ?
> 	The reason is, I have just built another one, but it's on a p100 with
> 16megs of ram, I tried to reiserfs

I had similar problems with previous versions of LVM on a Pentium75 with
16 MB RAM. But, AFAIK, kernel crashes when using reiserfs and LVM don't
relate to machines with limited hardware.

I've been using LVM on the aforementioned hardware, with testing purposes,
and have seen no problems so far with ext2.

Greetings.

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian GNU/Linux Potato (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk