Re: [linux-lvm] VG does not activate at boot

Tom Otake <totake66 home com> writes:

> I 'm having a slight problem/inconvenience with LVM and need some
> assistance. Everytime I boot the system, the VG's do not come up
> active and subsequently, some fs don't mount. The error I get
> indicates the underlying device for the fs is not a valid device.
> 'vgdisplay' says the the VG is not active, which running 'vgdisplay
> -D' confirms. Running 'vgchange -a y swvg' resolves the problem,
> activates the VG and I can mount the fs.

  you should add the vgchange command into your initscripts. I'm
  running RedHat and I added this into rc.sysinit, right below the
  init of raid devices:

,----
| action "LVM: Scanning for Volume Groups" vgscan
| action "LVM: Activating Volume groups" vgchange -ay
`----

  I probably should just tell you to RTFM a little as well:

  <url: http://www.sistina.com/lvm/doc/lvm_howto/node8.html
  #SECTION00084000000000000000 >

--
Terje