Re: [linux-lvm] Problem with UUID, vgscan, vgcfgrestore

Heinz writes:
> I am about to implement a vgscan option in order to support the recreation
> of the "invalid PV UUID list problem" in case a VG can't be found by vgscan
> any more.
>
> What's your opinion (Andreas?) about it?
>
> Do we have too many people which can't do the lvcreate/lvremove trick
> so that this work makes sense?

It is surely a fix for some of the problems.  Of course, the need for the
fix will be reduced as time goes on, so maybe a comment/#ifdef on the code
so that it will be removed at a later date.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger                               Turbolinux filesystem development