Re: [linux-lvm] Writing forward compatible applications using /proc

* José Luis Domingo López (jdomingo internautas org) [010812 07:57]:
> Kernel parameters, system information, kernel variables and kernel
> tunables will probably disappear and will be replaced by some sort of
> user-space application that will allow query and modfication of kernel
> values and tunables. Something similar to Solaris' ndd, AFAIK.

Any ideas when this will be implemented?  I suppose I could build it
around /proc, but just make it modular enough that I can switch to some
ndd-alike in the future.

Jason.