Re: [linux-lvm] Writing forward compatible applications using /proc

On Sunday, 12 August 2001, at 11:38:46 -0400,
Jason Tackaberry wrote:

> * José Luis Domingo López (jdomingo internautas org) [010812 07:57]:
> > Kernel parameters, system information, kernel variables and kernel
> > tunables will probably disappear and will be replaced by some sort of
> > user-space application that will allow query and modfication of kernel
> > values and tunables. Something similar to Solaris' ndd, AFAIK.
>
> Any ideas when this will be implemented?  I suppose I could build it
> around /proc, but just make it modular enough that I can switch to some
> ndd-alike in the future.

Don't know about exact timeframes, but it seems one of the things on the
linux kernel 2.5.x TODO list. Maybe its time to ask about it on the linux
kernel mailing list :)

Greetings.

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian GNU/Linux Potato (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk