Re: [linux-lvm] Writing forward compatible applications using /proc

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 08:07:02PM +0100, Joe Thornber wrote:
> I would much rather see people wrapping the tools than using liblvm, in fact
> liblvm will probably disappear in the future.

I think it is a bad idea to eliminte liblvm.  Shared libraries are much
easier use to use from programs.  For example, it is much easier in a perl
script to use zlib than to run gzip as a subprocess in a bulletproof way.

Regards,

Mark.